dns4me Guides - Roku
Before you Start
Make sure you have the Roku service enbled in the Services > Devices section of the user console.
If you have signed up with a Roku account without the Roku service enabled, you will have to unlink all devices, then Deactivate your account you will also have to use a different email for th signup process below.
- The Roku doesen't allow you to change the DNS settings so you must enable our DNS servers in your router to do this just follow one of our easy guides here
- Perform a factory reset on you Roku, from the Home screen, go to Settings, Factory Reset and follow the prompts.
- On you computer to https://owner.roku.com and create a new Roku Owner account (using an email address you have never used with Roku before).
- When asked for payment details dont use PayPal
- Make sure you use a US address when filling in the details, in particular, you need to enter a valid US ZIP code, if you don't know one just use "90210".
- Follow the on-screen instructions to setup your Roku. Make sure you connect your Roku to the network that has our DNS settings configured. When asked, select you region as "United States". When you get to the activation screen, go to https://owner.roku.com/link to enter the link code displayed on your TV screen.
- You should now be able to add US channels to your Roku, either from the Roku website or from the Channel Store on the Roku itself. Note that dns4me does not support all the channels available on the Roku.
Dont forget to enable the services you want to use in "User Console > Services"